Saturday, March 21, 2020

The Missing, Scenario 2

The great part about some of the missions for Rangers Of The Shadow Deep is that they occur in multiple, linked scenarios. For instance, after I played scenario 1 of "The Missing," I had the chance to follow that up with a second game, based on the results of the first. In this case, Turtle Power and her Companions used the clues from Scenario 1 to track the spiders to their forest home, and now bring the battle to the nasty eight-leggers.

Our Heroes, left to right, top to bottom: Conjuror, Arcanist, Turtle Power, Archer, Swordsturtle, Turtle-At-Arms

I took a few liberties with the scenic set up, I added some water features just for fun because I made some finishing touches to the big pond I had made for the "Blood Moon" mission. I am also reasonably happy with how the nest trees turned out, I'm not sure if I will have a chance to use them again, ever, but they were made from some trees I was going to discard so it's all good. And this is as good a time as any to mention that the last time my wife saw me setting up my game board, she mentioned that it has been taking a bit of a beating and I should really consider touching up all those white spots with some paint. And I will. Some day.

Into the woods we go...

So, the first couple of turns involved moving to cocoons, searching them, releasing zombies, and killing them. And a giant spider. That one was dead too. And then the Turtle-At-Arms got stuck up in some webs, but it only took him a few seconds to break free.

Zombies and spiders and webs, oh my!

The next couple of turns were spent advancing further into the woods, and killing whatever zombies and spiders were encountered. Of particular interest was that the Conjuror failed to do any damage with her Magic Bolt for the third game in a row. And the Arcanist lost a fight to a giant spider and, while he survived, he would spend the rest of the game Poisoned.

Deeper into woods and the webs.

As members of the warband reached the nest trees, they set fire to the webbing. So little was happening, in fact, that I am just going to post the rest of the pictures without much in the way of explanation.







And after it was all over, Turtle Power leveled up to 2, and is almost at 3. Everybody survived. There was no treasure, only experience. This was a visually impressive scenario, but it was not very exciting to play. I hope "The Beacon Tower" gives more fun from beginning to end.

Rangers Of The Shadow Deep and associated products can be here.









No comments:

Post a Comment