Tuesday, October 20, 2020

QILS: Rednecks & Revenuers

OK, so I played the "Rednecks & Revenuers" scenario for Quick Intermediate Level Skirmish rules. Don't let the name fool you, while the game play itself is reasonably quick, there is significant prep work involved to make the properly funny colored dots on the d6's needed. And these are not rules for those needing unambiguous determinations... I had to decide my own weapon ranges, vehicle movement rates, and the fate of the vehicle driver when said vehicle goes out of action. However, as a veteran tabletop gamer and former professional wargames developer, I already have very strong opinions about these things o.0

This is everything needed to play


Anyway, I set things up just like the scenario showed; unoriginal perhaps, but I had all the stuff. I marked the 2'×2' rough terrain with four pushpins and some thread. The Hillbillies won the coin toss to go first, and I had the Offspring flip the coin again and hide it under my Area 51 shot glass so I could look at it if the Feds ever got a direct view of either the moonshine still or the dead Fed (which is to say, the Government side doesn't know their objective when they start the game.)

The initial set-up


I figured the Hillbillies would load the still into their truck then go back for the dead Fed body while the rest of the family ran a delaying action. It worked a little too well; by the end of the third turn, the Hillbillies had put so many holes in the HMMWV that the Agents had no chance if catching the truck with the still as it went to collect the body. By turn seven, the Hillbillies achieved their victory condition of getting both the still and the corpse off the south table edge.

This is the end of turn 3 (I got too excited and forgot to take pictures of turns 1 and 2)

I think this scenario has some good replay value. There is another one I am going to play called St. Trinian's School For Girls vs. Men In Black, ten government agents against five schoolgirls on their home turf with non-combat victory conditions. It should be interesting.

Turn 6, the Hillbillies are almost escaped!


QILS and its supplements can be purchased from Irrational Number Line Games LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment